|3/5/02 47840 seen at Norton Fitzwarren with the 1M56 Penzance-Manchester, a
classic loco hauled Cross Country train which was also the 'last' Cross Country
loco hauled service also hauled by 840 later in 2002. Eddy Napier.
| D1661 ~ 47840
|Welcome to the official homepage of 47840. The locomotive has finally ended its
extensive 47 year mainline career. This part of the site will have lots of pictures of the
loco on the mainline and on the WSR. If you have any to add please email
Thanks for your support as members of the group and enthusiasts. Come down and
have a ride behind the loco on arguably one of the most testing preserved railways.
-NEW:- Full allocations by Steve Anstey
-Link to Steve Ansteys loco related site.
- Photo Gallery
- Work on the loco at Loughborough
- Brief locomotive History
- Final Days on the Mainline
- Repaint into two tone green
- More pictures of the loco being prepped for painting
- The loco arrives on the WSR
- A link to a website with lots more 47840 pictures